JDCGames... 2.-1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JDCGames... 2.-1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Level 01D: [FLOATING ISLANDS]: ShadowFire

+2
ShadowFire
JDC
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JDC

JDC
Site Owner
Site Owner

World 4A: Icey Sky world
Difficulty: Moderately Hard

These are some mysterious floating islands in the sky! These levels should be icy sky levels, but should take place more in the sky. These levels should look more "Generic" so to speak. These levels could, for example, have a forest in the sky - as long as it abides by the theme of a floating island.
You could alternatively have several shorter land masses to symbolise the islands being "floating", I suppose.
This one is rather down to your creativity.
There is TWO EXITS in this level.

To claim this level, reply to this post.

Last edited by JDC on Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.jdcgames.com

ShadowFire

ShadowFire
General Moderator

May as well. I'll claim this level to start off.

ShadowFire

ShadowFire
General Moderator

And now may as well post the progress i have.

Level 01D: [FLOATING ISLANDS]: ShadowFire Level01D

The idea of this level is that Mario is within a floating Forest/jungle, completly in tune with nature/overgrown. All the trees are layer priotized, so that'll make a fun extra little challenge. So, comments?

Mr Esc

Mr Esc
Site Manager

That looks good so far Smile. I like the palettes, they look especially fitting to the world theme.

The use of layer priority for the trees sounds like it will be interesting. I sometimes can be a bit skeptical to autoscroll, but I think it'll work well here . it'll make finding the secret exit a bit more challenging too I guess.

ShadowFire

ShadowFire
General Moderator

Moar progress!

I feel like its missing something, but i cant figure out what...

JDC

JDC
Site Owner
Site Owner

Oh, looks very promising so far. Smile I love the level design.

To improve, I would definitely make the level a tad more non linear - (multiple pathways on top, or a bonus room) to make it not seem as linear as it seems. Good job otherwise though! Smile

Keep it up and you'll have a fine level.

http://www.jdcgames.com

ShadowFire

ShadowFire
General Moderator

I decided to re-work the pallete to make it more icey. Also the level is now slippery.

Level 01D: [FLOATING ISLANDS]: ShadowFire Hack_00012

So?

Galinaceo

Galinaceo

That's pretty good but I think you should fix this even though its just minor cutoff:

Level 01D: [FLOATING ISLANDS]: ShadowFire Fixu

ShadowFire

ShadowFire
General Moderator

Theres not really much i can do about that. And by the looks of it, its about 1 pixel of cutoff.

Wormer21

Wormer21

ShadowFire wrote:Theres not really much i can do about that. And by the looks of it, its about 1 pixel of cutoff.

You can use some small ExGFX changes with changing the vanilla trees a little bit. It's not necesarry since it's very small cutoff but I'm just saying how you can fix that.

http://www.smwmods.fora.pl

Prizm

Prizm

ahahahaha this cracks me up. Anyway, for anyone who might not know, this level was long finished.

So yeah. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum